Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thing # 20 - Explore YouTube and TeacherTube

I had fun with this discovery activity and the directions to embed were helpful. I thought this was a cute video that I got from TeacherTube. Some 4th Graders created new Chocolate Candy Bar Sensations. What a great assignment!

What a great video search engine...Blinkx. This will probably be blocked by the district where I work. For awhile the district blocked YouTube, but now it is available. I will have to check Blinkx to see if it is blocked when I return. I am going to try Zamzar out later. It seems that I posted a video using the software Camtasia (which the library bought) on Blackboard and it would not work. I am going to use Zamzar to see if I can convert the avi extension to a wmv and see if it will then work on Blackboard.