Friday, July 17, 2009

Thing # 23 - Summarize Thoughts About Program

Ahhh! I am finished but I feel that this is just the beginning. This has been a fun and great learning experience. I have learned so much and appreciate the fact that Spring Branch has offered 23 Things. I would love to continue this learning process.

1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
Wow, there are just too many favorites. I learned so much from each discovery. But since I have to name a few...The online image generators was just fun, fun, fun. Library Thing was great because it helps me to organize my reading. I also enjoyed the wikis, podcasts/videocasts, youtube/teachertube and nings.

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
I have always tried to keep up with what is out there in the library/technology field, but there is just so much and it changes so rapidly. It is important to try to be up-to-date or at least be one step ahead. With programs like 23 Things it will help me to accomplish that goal.

3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
Pretty much all of it. I love to learn new things. I have heard of many of the discovery activities mentioned, but I still cannot believe what all is out there. As I have stated before in my blog, I am not one to write about myself or make comments if I don't' have anything to say but this has forced my out of my comfort zone. :)

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
I cannot think of anything that could have been done differently. This program has taken the latest technology advances and have organized them and put them together in one spot. Thank you for having this available to participate in.

5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
Most definitely! This has been a great hands on experience for learning. I was learning, but in a way I was also playing. We have to keep up with the way things are changing so rapidly. I think other districts need to follow Spring Branch's lead and have programs like this for their staff.

6. How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?
What an informative and great hands-on experience!

7. Now go and comment on some of the other Players' blogs?
Will do! Thank you for the opportunity to participate.