Sunday, July 12, 2009

Library Thing # 14 - Technorati and How Tags Work

Okay, I played around with Technorati last night. Boy, it sure is filled with a lot of info. I finally had to tell myself to stop!!!... I definitely liked their "popular" feature with favorites of movies, videos, books, etc. Rather interesting what people are interested in. I don't think that I would use Technorati on a regular basis as I would some of the others Things on this online course that I have learned, but I know I would probably use it every so often. I typed in the search "School Library Learning 2.0" and for the post I came up with 261, for the tag search I came up with 28 and for the directory search I came up with 60. I did include the "Popular News" widget on my blog. I know there is a blog capability on Blackboard, but since it has been changed and I'm not sure about "rights" etc. I would love to add some of these widgets to that blog.

As for the tags, I think they are wonderful. They help with using less time for searching and help organize ones searches. Sometimes I can be quite anal, so I like the organization benefit.